Monday, August 01, 2011

Sit Back and Enjoy the Music

Ok, I'm pretty sure this post is an excuse to share the music I love with you guys. Please enjoy... if you don't, don't tell me and I'll be just as happy. :)

Do you ever feel guilty for listening to non-Christian music? Like, maybe, you should enjoy worship more?

I do ALL THE TIME!

I'm about to make it worse if you do.

It's ridiculous really. Besides the fact that guilt isn't from God, it just doesn't make sense. Singing does not constitute worship and vice versa.

Anyway, most the time I listen to Christian music, its because the words are amazing; and I would honestly listen to it more, if I liked it more. It's not bad music, some of it I really enjoy (can't go wrong with Casting Crowns and Newsboys!). However, once I get past the few favorites, everything starts sounding the same.

I want Christian music to sound like my favorite artists. We should convert them....
No, really, there's no way to duplicate their voices, and even if you did, it wouldn't be original anymore. Can someone please find me some Christian artists who put this much power and emotion in their music??


All time favorite:
Band: Train
Singer: Pat Monohan
Yep, he can definitely sing. Actually I think I really just love the emotion he puts in it.

The obvious:

Pretty nifty.

I would also like to take this time to implore you to listen to Frank Sinatra.


You can't get much better than these guys.


Last, but certainly not least:


Adele.
Hey Girl, Hey!!


Ok.. if I actually gave you all the music I want to, you would be here all day. So, I will restrain. Anyway, you can't tell me they don't have good voices. ... Maybe I should pray for them....

No comments:

Post a Comment