Thursday, December 08, 2011

Finished

Ok, not quite.  But I'm pretty close!

I am, however, finished with the normal part of my degree.  I finished my last final today.

Next semester, starting January 2, I will be Ms. Snider, a student-teacher in the band program at Burleson ISD. (I guess this is the solution to my dilemma of whether my name is Amanda or Elaine)

The overwhelming question I keep getting is, "Are you excited?"  I'm not sure yet.  I think I will be, when I realize what's going on.  I feel like it hasn't hit me yet.  Like I have taken the time to think about it enough to be excited.  I have spent 31/2+ years developing the skills needed to teach, and now I am about to go put all of that to use.  That is exciting!

I still think I'm more nervous than anything else.  There will be no faking it next semester.  No room for a lack of preparedness.  No rolling out of bed and running to class.  No wardrobe crises to make me run late.  It seems like next semester I am going to have to be perfect... or somewhere close.

I guess this is the same problem I ran into with my recital.  My recital was not perfect, it wasn't meant to be.  But, in preparing it, I knew God had not given me this opportunity to fail miserably.  Whatever expectations God had for my recital, he would help me accomplish.  It's the same for student teaching.  This is an opportunity given to me by none other than an Almighty God.  The only expectations that matter are the ones he places on me, not even the expectations I have for myself compare to what He has planned.

So, with that in mind, I am ready for next semester.  I cannot say that I will be the best teacher to walk the earth, or even the best student teacher.  However, I will do my best, and allow God to work through me.


My life will not be the same from this point forward, but I'm pretty sure that's ok.

Here we go! (Said in the Mario voice)





For music, we're back to soundtracks. :)



Howard ShoreEvenstar

and



Harry Gregson-Williams • The Door in the Air




And, for the record, I plan to blog much more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment