Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Everything Revolves Around Food

Do you ever feel like your life revolves around food?  Even as I write this blog, I am keeping a tab on the clock so I make sure I'll be ready in time to leave for a lunch with friends.  Something has to change.  Not the friends, just the massive amounts of food.  I feel some self discipline is on the way.  ...Maybe.

Our family has always joked that our family trips revolve around where we want to eat.  Which is true.  We know where the good restaurants are in Missouri are and we make sure we make it for either lunch or dinner.  Holidays revolve around food; we even give food as presents.  Almost all church events seem to involve food: either eating at them or eating after.  

A good friend of mine, Erin, just came up to visit; food wasn't the MAIN event, but it was at least second billing.  

Left: Erin at Tres Casas after she got here.  Right: Me at Cafe Brazil after The Nutcracker. Bellow: both of us after the show (sorry for the poor picture quality).


There's nothing inherently wrong with any of this.  We were made to eat three times a day.  That will automatically take up a large portion of anyones life.  But there IS something off with what we're doing now.  I went out to eat for all 3 meals a couple of days ago, which might be ok if I didn't feel so terribly full after every one of the meals.

Meh.  I don't know exactly what to change (in addition to self discipline for smaller portions).  Just thoughts.  I know I am not the only one; that's why it's ok for me to write this particular blog.  Someone else needs a kick before the holiday food gets the best of them.



 For music today, we're on the letter I


Ingrid Michaelson: You'll get 2 songs for 1 today, because I like them both.

 I'll dedicate this first song to Roni though because it was one of the theme songs for our road trip that happened ages ago. :)




Ingrid Michaelson • Be OK






Ingrid Michaelson • You and I


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOzdLwvTHA
This is another good song by her. The music video is strange though.
In fact, just keep listening to more of her music.


Go ahead.  Sing along.

1 comment:

  1. you chose the wrong time of year to start rationing food my friend! i think i've eaten my weight in candy this week alone. let's talk january 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete